Dunlop Village Hall
The hall is situated in the village’s Main Street, acting as a focal point for village life. It is managed by the community, for the community, and plays host to a wide variety of educational, recreational and leisure activities, as well as concerts and private functions.
The original hall, the part now known as the Bowlers’ Hall, was built around 1880 of whinstone. A large brick addition, the main hall, was built in 1924, extending the building along Kirkland Road. From the outset, the Hall was owned and managed by the Community, but in 1934 ownership was transferred to Ayr County Council and with subsequent local and regional government reorganisations it is now owned by East Ayrshire Council.